This bike tour is a calm and deep trip to Jérica, an unknown jewel not only for its cultural heritage but also for the kindness of its hosts.
Characteristics of the route
- Duration: 3 days 2 nights
- Level: Intermediate
- Total distance: 77 Km
- Slope: 400+
- Start: Torres-Torres
- End: Torres-Torres
Itinerary by days
- Day 1: Check-in and briefing at Mediterranean Bike Tours office/shop. Stage Torres Torres –Segorbe (22km). Accommodation on a half board basis at a 3*or 4* hotel.
- Day 2: Stage Segorbe – Jérica (20km). Accommodation on a half board basis at a 4* hotel or at a charming rural house.
- Day 3: Stage Jérica – Torres-Torres (35km). Check-out and farewell at Mediterranean Bike Tours office/shop.
- Departure time: 9:00 AM
- Helmet, comfortable and reflective clothing, sun glasses, water bottle, energy bar, sunscreen, small backpack, gloves…Have you forgotten? Don´t worry, we have them.
- Recommended period to do the route: All year
- E-bike fully equipped.
- Rutometer/Map (track).
- Liability insurance.
- Gift-souvenir for the kids.
- Accommodation on a half board basis at a 3*or 4* hotel and rural house.
- Luggage transfer.
- Helmet for people over 5 years old.
- Lunch in a restaurant.
- Pick up in case of not finishing the route.
- Mechanical assistance.
- Bike trailer for children from 9 months to 5 years old, includes helmet.
- Experience (cultural or roots experience).
Stage 1: Torres-Torres – Segorbe (22 Km)
The first stage of the ride takes us from Torres-Torres to Segorbe through Ojos Negros greenway. There we travel between a wonderful landscape of orange trees, mountains, flora and native Mediterranean fauna, crossing the magnificent natural parks Sierra Calderona and Sierra de Espadán. We will recharge energies in Segorbe, the capital of Alto Palancia. Segorbe is a city of great cultural wealth that reveals its important historical past through its architectural complex declared Heritage of Cultural Interest.
There we stay at the hotel Martín el Humano or María de Luna, two illustrious characters from Segorbe´s history. We also offer a cultural or a roots experience (optional service) in the spectacular city so that your experience is complete.
Stage 2: Segorbe – Jérica (20 Km)
From Segorbe towards Jérica we cycle 20km surrounded by a natural heritage of amazing mountains. Jérica, for many “The Unknown Jewel” receives us with its imposing Tower of the Bells in Mudéjar style. The 4 * Hotel Rosaleda or the charming rural house Sharíqua are our homes.
Etapa 3: Jérica- Torres-Torres (35 Km)
Returning to Torres-Torres we cross charming villages such as Navajas, Castellnovo, Sot de Ferrer and many others. To take advantages of the beauty of this region, our return will be alongside the river Palancia which will surprise us with the sound of its water.
- Fill in the booking form with your reservation data.
- Click on “Check availability”. Your reservation will be added to the cart. If you want, you can continue booking other routes. When you finish, click on your shopping cart.
- Follow the indicated instructions and click on “Confirmation request”.
- A member of MBT will check if all services you are booking are available. Then a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- In that email we will provide you with a link to make the payment of 25% of the total. The remaining 75% to be paid on the day your activities start.
Hotels and restaurants associated
You can find a list of hotels and restaurants associated here.