Slow Cycling the Mediterranean is a route of many stages that goes from the sea to the mountain, crossing the magnificent natural parks Sierra Calderona and Sierra de Espadán.
Characteristics of the route: tailor made
- Duration: 4 days, 3 nights and 3 stages
- Level: Intermediate/High
- Total distance: You choose it
- Slope: The one you tell us
- Start: Canet d’Enberenguer
- End: Torres-Torres / Canet d’Enberenguer
Itinerary by days
- Day 1: Check-in and briefing at Mediterranean Bike Tours office/shop.
- Day 2: Stage Canet d’Enberenguer – Montanejos (66 Km).
- Day 3: Stage Montanejos – Alfondeguilla (66 Km)
- Day 4: Stage Alfondeguilla – Torres-Torres (66 Km) + Check-out and farewell at Mediterranean Bike Tours office/shop.
- Optional: add an extra night to rest at the end of your route and return home the next day.
- Departure time stage 1: 9:00 AM (previous day; meeting point: MBT in Torres-Torres between 12:00 PM and 6:00 PM)
- Helmet, comfortable and reflective clothing, sun glasses, water bottle, energy bar, sunscreen, small backpack, gloves…Have you forgotten? Don´t worry, we have them.
- Recommended period to do the route: From March to October with the possibility of being done all year.
- Rutometer/Map (track).
- Liability insurance.
- MBT Gift-souvenirs.
- Accommodation on a half board basis at a 3*or 4* hotel.
- Luggage transfer from lodging to lodging.
- Transfer from MBT headquarters to the hotel of the last night (in case extra night has been selected).
- Telephone assistance.
- Route´s briefing.
- Pick up in case of not finishing the route.
- Mechanical assistance.
- Experience (cultural or roots experience).
- Rental of e-bike
- Rental of traditional bike
- Extra night at the end of the route – half board not included
- Group´s luggage transfer from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport.
This long distance route can be done by electric bike or traditional bike. The meeting point is in Mediterranean Bike Tours (Torres-Torres), where we welcome the travellers and do the briefing, directing them to Canet d´En Berenguer – the starting point of the route.
We will have the sea as a horizon in Canet d’En Berenguer. Then, through tracks, paths and the greenway Ojos Negros, the largest in Spain, we go into emblematic places and charming villages in the interior of the Valencian Community.
Segorbe, the capital of Alto Palancia, receives us with its imposing architectural patrimony declared Heritage of Cultural Interest. Our journey takes us to Navajas, with its incredible surrounding Salto de la Novia, and Jérica, the unknown jewel with its important cultural heritage of which the Tower of the Bells of Mudéjar style stands out.
Our route goes now towards Montanejos, where the water and the mountain embrace each other. We descend to Sueras and Ain surrounded by wonderful cork oaks. We leave Ain to get into the virgin nature of Alfondeguilla, in the heart of Sierra de Espadán. From Alfondeguilla we go in direction to Torres-Torres where the route ends. There, in our headquarters, we do the check-out and bid you farewell. Afterwards we direct you to the hotel in Canet de Berenguer or in the Roman Sagunto where you will be spending the last night.
- Fill in the booking form with your reservation data.
- Click on “Check availability”. Your reservation will be added to the cart. If you want, you can continue booking other routes. When you finish, click on your shopping cart.
- Follow the indicated instructions and click on “Confirmation request”.
- A member of MBT will check if all services you are booking are available. Then a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- In that email we will provide you with a link to make the payment of 25% of the total. The remaining 75% to be paid on the day your activities start.
Hotels and restaurants associated
You can find a list of hotels and restaurants associated here.