One of the most beautiful natural sites in the interior of the Valencian Community: El Salto de la Novia (The Leap of the Bride – a 60 m waterfall). The legend says that, as a test of love and omen of good marriage and fertility, the bride had to jump to the opposite bank in front of the gaze of those present. If she succeeded, it promised great happiness to the couple. If she didn’t succeed, the marriage would be broken because it was considered unfulfilled or unfortunate.
Characteristics of the route
- Duration: 1 day
- Level: Low
- Total distance: 50 Km approx.
- Slope: + 300
- Start: Torres-Torres
- End: Torres-Torres
- Pick up in Valencia (optional): from 9am to 10am
- Briefing and departure from Mediterranean Bike Tours (Torres Torres): 11h.
- Approximate end time (it will depend on your pace): between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Bicycle (e-bike)
- Rutometer/Map (track)
- Liability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Telephone assistance
- Mechanical assistance
- Route’s briefing
- Pick up in case of not finishing the routet
- Transfer from/to Valencia to the starting point
- In-person guide
- Starting time stage 1: 9:00 AM
- Helmet, comfortable and reflective clothing, sun glasses, water bottle, energy bar, sunscreen, small backpack, gloves… Have you forgotten? Don’t worry, we have them.
- Recommended period to do the route: All year
Day 1: Stage Torres Torres- Navajas -Torres Torres
An exciting day awaits you. We welcome you at Mediterranean Bike Tours headquarters, we do the tour’s briefing with a detailed explanation of your experience and deliver you the equipment. You’re ready to start your adventure! You leave Mediterranean Bike Tours to get the greenway Ojos Negros till Navajas, a charming village Castellón. There you will enjoy the amazing natural site El Salto de la Novia (a 60 m waterfall). In Navaja’s square you find the spectacular Elm tree of Navajas – planted in 1636 as a symbol of union between the existing inhabitants and those who arrived. The Elm of Navajas was chosen the tree of the year 2019 of Spain and the third in Europe. After visiting Navajas you take again Ojos Negros greenway back to Torres Torres. On your way you will enjoy a landscape of almond, olive and orange orchards till you get to Mediterranean Bike Tours where your tour ends.
- Fill in the booking form with your reservation data.
- Click on “Check availability”. Your reservation will be added to the cart. If you want, you can continue booking other routes. When you finish, click on your shopping cart.
- Follow the indicated instructions and click on “Confirmation request”.
- A member of MBT will check if all services you are booking are available. Then a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- In that email we will provide you with a link to make the payment of 25% of the total. The remaining 75% to be paid on the day your activities start.
Hotels and restaurants associated
You can find a list of hotels and restaurants associated here.