Valencia Mediterranean – the Mediterranean paradise – is a multi-stage route that runs between the sea and the mountains crossing the magnificent Natural Parks Sierra Calderona and Sierra de Espadán. You will visit sites declared Heritage of Cultural Interest as well as incredible spots such as El Salto de la Novia and Jérica, the hidden jewel, in Mudéjar style. You will discover wonderful cork oaks forests´ and navigate through Europe`s longest underground navigable river. You will visit the Roman Sagunto town and discover Valencia.
Characteristics of the route: tailor-made
- Duration: 5 days, 4 nights and 3 stages
- Level: Intermediate
- Total distance: 235 Km approx.
- Slope: +2.400 approx.
- Start: Sagunto/Canet
- End: Valencia
Itinerary by days
- Day 1: Check-in and briefing in Sagunto/Canet.
- Day 2: Stage Sagunto/Canet – Segorbe (64 Km).
- Day 3: Stage Segorbe – Vall d`Uxó (64 Km).
- Day 4: Stage Vall d`Uxó – Valencia (75 Km).
- Day 5: Check-out and farewell.
- Optional: add an extra night to rest at the end of your route and return home the next day.
- Rutometer/Map (track).
- Liability insurance.
- Accident insurance.
- Accommodation and breakfasts at 3*or 4* hotels.
- Luggage transfer from lodging to lodging.
- Mechanical assistance (only in serious cases) from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Telephone assistance 24/7.
- Route´s briefing
- Pick up in case of not finishing the route
- Mechanical assistance
- Electric bicycle rental
- Traditional bicycle rental
- Additional night at the end of the route – Half board not included
- Single supplement
- Group’s transfer to the starting point
- In-person guide
- Starting time stage 1: 9:00 AM
- Helmet, comfortable and reflective clothing, sun glasses, water bottle, energy bar, sunscreen, small backpack, gloves… Have you forgotten? Don´t worry, we have them.
- Recommended period to do the route: All year
Day 1: Relax in Sagunto/Canet and the sea
We welcome you, take you to your hotel, do the tour´s briefing with a detailed explanation of your experience and deliver you the equipment. Then you will enjoy the regional cuisine and relax in Sagunto enjoying its impressive architectural heritage or lying on the beach sunbathing or going for a dip. This day you stay at 3 – 4 star hotels located on the beachfront in playa de Almerdá (belongs to Sagunto´s area). This beach is 2 Km long composed of fine sand. Its biggest attraction is the dune cordon of great ecological value.
Day 2 – Stage 1 Sagunto/Canet – Segorbe
You wake up by the sea with a dreamlike sunrise. After breakfast, having the sea as horizon, you start the first stage of your tour. You will cross charming villages till you reach the imposing Garbí outlook that offers you amazing views of the entire Natural Park Sierra Calderona, the sea and even the Balearic Islands (if it´s a good day in terms of visibility). You go down the popular Oronet climb in the heart of the Natural Park Sierra Calderona in direction to Torres Torres where you can eat the authentic wood-fired Valencian Paella. After the delicious meal you will need to burn calories and nothing is better than pedal through Ojos Negros greenway, the longest greenway in Spain, in direction to Segorbe which receives you with its impressive architectural heritage declared of Cultural Interest. Leisure afternoon to stroll around Segorbe´s old town.
Day 3 – Stage 2 Segorbe-Vall d´Uxó
If you enjoy nature in its purest state, this is your route! After breakfast you take the greenway and cross the magnificent Regajo reservoir to reach the charming village Navajas. There you will enjoy the amazing natural site El Salto de la Novia (a 60 m waterfall). In Navaja´s square you find the spectacular Elm tree of Navajas – planted in 1636 as a symbol of union between the existing inhabitants and those who arrived. The Elm of Navajas was chosen the tree of the year 2019 of Spain and the third in Europe. You make your way inland till you reach the famous Fuente de los 50 Caños (a fountain with 50 pipes, each pipe symbolizes one Spanish province). Pedaling alongside Palancia river, listening to its waters and enjoying Segorbe´s orchards you get to Geldo. There you can visit Medinaceli´s palace. You continue alongside Palancia river, crossing small villages till you get to Azuebar. On your way you will enjoy one of the most important and beautiful cork oak forests of the Natural Park Sierra the Espadán. There you will appreciate the spot La Bellota and drink the pure water of its fountain. Now you descend in direction to Chóvar, a charming village where you can enjoy going down the popular climb El Marianet till you reach your hotel in Vall D`Uxo.
Day 4 – Stage 3 Vall d´Uxó-Valencia
After breakfast you ride in direction to Canet d´Enberenger. On your way, you will visit Coves de Sant Josep – Europe´s longest underground navigable river (visits from 10:00 AM to 15:00 PM each hour). An exploration was made in 1954 in order to discover which secrets were hidden in these caves and reveal the unknow. After that exploration the caves opened their doors to the public in 1929 and soon awakened tourists´ interest. Since then there is a movement of touristic transformation of the landscape, promoting the preservation of this space. Your ride takes you now to Chilches, a stroll on the beachfront and across Marjal de Almenara – a protected marsh of 1550 hectares. You leave Canet D`Enberenguer to pedal through the Vía Churra and Vía Augusta. On your way you ride alongside the Mediterranean Sea and across the heart of the Valencian vegetable garden. You reach Valencia, the birthplace of Joaquín Sorolla and Blasco Ibáñez. If you didn´t have time to visit Valencia on the first day, we remind you that it´s a city that combines past and modernity. On the one hand, its impressive UNESCO Heritage, its architectural and historical buildings such as the Cathedral of Valencia, Tribunal de las Aguas, la Lonja, Torre de los Serranos, Plaza de Toros de Valencia and Mercado Central. By the other hand, modernity reflected in La Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, an architectural, cultural and entertainment complex designed by Santiago Calatrava and Félix Candela. Another characteristic element of Valencia of great social, landscape architecture and environmental importance is the Turia riverbed, known as the lung of Valencia.
Day 5 – Valencia Trendy!
After breakfast end of the trip. Get in touch with us if you want to spend some extra nights to enjoy Valencia.
Valencia combines past and modernity. On the one hand, its impressive UNESCO Heritage, its architectural and historical buildings such as the Cathedral of Valencia, Tribunal de las Aguas, la Lonja, Torre de los Serranos, Plaza de Toros de Valencia and Mercado Central. By the other hand modernity reflected in La Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, an architectural, cultural and entertainment complex designed by Santiago Calatrava and Félix Candela.
- Fill in the booking form with your reservation data.
- Click on “Check availability”. Your reservation will be added to the cart. If you want, you can continue booking other routes. When you finish, click on your shopping cart.
- Follow the indicated instructions and click on “Confirmation request”.
- A member of MBT will check if all services you are booking are available. Then a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- In that email we will provide you with a link to make the payment of 25% of the total. The remaining 75% to be paid on the day your activities start.
Hotels and restaurants associated
You can find a list of hotels and restaurants associated here.